Information Memorandum (Apr 2015 Q1(i))

Discussion in 'SA1' started by Minal Gohil, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Minal Gohil

Minal Gohil Member

I was not aware (before coming across this question in past exam paper) of what information is contained in the Information Memorandum.

When I read the description of IM in the question, I assumed that it should not include information with regards to company's internal details (i.e. information which may not be available publicly).

I tried to look for this in Course notes could not find it. After checking it's definition on google, I could follow and appreciate the solution to part (i) of the question.

My question is -
    1. Is this a part of the course notes and I missed it?
    2. How do you handle such questions (where you do not completely know about the topic)?

Regards,
    Minal

2. Geraldine

Geraldine Member

I’m also wondering about this. I would have struggled if I had not seen a similar question from the earliest SA1 papers .. and there’s an awfully large number of marks for something as arbitrary as knowing a list of items necessary for an IM. (disappointing question, really - isn’t this an exam that’s supposed to test application of knowledge? *raises eyebrow*)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2018
  3. Geraldine

Geraldine Member

I think, when you have a question like this, you probably need to ask what the underlying intent is. It almost doesn’t matter that it’s some “information memorandum” - really, it just seems to be asking you to think about what you’d be interested in seeing, if you were the potential buyer

Sarah Byrne and Minal Gohil like this.
  4. Minal Gohil

Minal Gohil Member

Yeah, that's what I'd do as well.

Jumping off, I see in one of the threads you had mentioned that you enhance the chapter summaries to include pieces of core reading not available in the summaries to make a compact revision material for SA1. (Since we do not have much revision material on SA1 available from ActEd).

Would you have that handy for SA1 and willing to share it?

I really liked your idea and I had planned to make it, but falling short on time now, due to work commitments!

Thanks and good luck to you!
    Minal