Immunisation 2009

Discussion in 'CA3' started by Lisa2009, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Lisa2009

Lisa2009 Member

Does anyone else think that this was a really unfair question? It's actually a technically difficult concept to explain compared to say describing different annuities.

I think it's the hardest question in the last ten years. I will definitely fail if something like that comes up again.

I would be interested to know the tutor's opinion. I know a normal amount of people passed but I have no doubt the examiners had to be generous when marking in order to meet their quota.

2. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

Yes it was a really unfair question. But expect more of the same as they would rather persuade you to pay £750 to do their practical course.

3. phantom

phantom Member

prayer

Dear God: Please forgive me for remembering you only during exams. But I pray, and I pray, please do not have us to explain the Black-Scholes formula in CA3. Last time it was Immunisation, and it was too bad!

4. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I agree that it was probably the hardest CA3 question ever. However, in CA3 if you get such an apparently technical question you should keep reminding yourself that it is a layperson to whom you are writing.

You can't be expected to educate a layperson upto a high standard of understanding in 500 words (it takes pages and pages in the ActEd notes!). Focus upon the key, simple, high-level concepts that they could be expected to understand and don't try & convey all the other technical details. Keep it simple!