IAI May 2008 Q6 Part b)

Discussion in 'CT3' started by Devi k, May 11, 2014.

1. Devi k

Devi k Member

Hi,

I have attached the answer,plz go through it.My doubt is "mean has been calculated in part a) as 50. Then how come in part b) Mean is written as 45,while the variance is same in both the cases.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2014
  2. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

firstly, variance is not same in (a) & (b).
    now,
    as and when applying Central Limit Theorem, population mean and population variance is needed.
    so population Mean=90*1/2=45 ,population variance=90*(1/2)(1/2)=22.5

3. Devi k

Devi k Member

Re:

Thanks.Now i got it !!
    One more thing,i was doing past exam papers from 2005 onwards , they are a bit k as i am getting about 55-65 in them,but i am finding nov 2013 paper a bit difficult.so what do i do now:confused:

4. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

difficulty of paper is independent, sometimes you might found super easy, sometimes tough.
    for example In may 2011 , no one could pass in CT3

http://www.actuariesindia.org/downloads/Results/Result May 2011/CT3_Result_0511.pdf

5. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Nov 2013 was difficult. I did a review on YouTube here if that helps...

6. Devi k

Devi k Member

Re:

Thanks.Feeling a little bit better.I have completed a revision of chapters,formulas and some important derivations.Currently going through past IAI papers, Wat more could i do in these five days for better chances of passing?plz suggest! i am really feeling nervous!!!

7. KeyurShah

KeyurShah Member

You've pretty much covered everything it seems.

Try going through the sums which you must have found difficult at first glance (from the QandA Bank, X Series, Past Exam Papers).

And regarding the November '13 paper, as John said, it was tough. That was the paper I got in my attempt. To be honest, I found it so difficult that I was prepared to have another sitting for CT3. Luckily, I cleared it.

The IAI CT3 exams have been unpredictable at times (compare May '13 and November '13 for example).

Best of Luck! :)