I like CT3!! :D

Discussion in 'CT3' started by Debjit Das Gupta, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Which CT subjects require more knowledge of CT3 than CT1?

2. suraj

suraj Member

CT4 and 6 with 4 being the more interesting of the two..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2013
  3. JayDee

JayDee Member

its one of those subjects that lays the foundation for most others even if they don't use specific material from ct3! In fact it lays the foundation for this entire path to fellowship while being the most enjoyable CT out of the lot.

4. Wow! That's awesome! CT3 FTW! :p

5. Is it a good idea to study CT4 and CT6 simultaneously?

6. CorkActuary

CorkActuary Member

CT4 and CT6 kind of follow on from CT3. CT1 (and CT2 to a lesser extent) is a great foundation for CT5

7. suraj

suraj Member

Yes, but a better combination would be CT4 and CT5. These two overlap well and there's a good gap between these two papers while CT4 and CT6 are usually on consecutive days!

8. Oh! That's bad news.

Considering I have absolutely no knowledge of CT2, is it wise to sit for CT5?

9. suraj

suraj Member

Knowledge of CT2 is not required. CT1 and CT3 are prerequisite for CT5.

10. That's just what I was looking for!!! CT4 and CT5 it is then! Thanks a lot! :)

11. I would like to take this extra space just to thank you guys! You all have been of wonderful help! Thanks! :)

12. CorkActuary

CorkActuary Member

I must admit, I don't particularly like CT3. I am repeating it academically. Missed out narrowly last year! I find it very, very theoretical and long-winded and the conditional expectations and Markov/Chebyshev Inequalities are boring. But, what must be done, must be done! :)