How useful are the CA3 tutorials?

Discussion in 'CA3' started by Aldo008, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Aldo008

Aldo008 Member

The CA3 tutorials are coming up soon. I want to know if it has been useful for everyone who has attended the tutorial and if there are many extra hints and tips which are not already in the notes.

Is it enough to practise lots, or would the tutorial give me the extra 10% probability of passing the exam?

I have a confirmed place which I have the option to cancel. Ideally I would like to attend, but it's so far away!

Thanks in advance for you response.

2. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

I think you should go for the tutorials. Practice is about hard work individually. I think tutorials are about feedback. Go there with the objective of seeing a seasoned person who can present things clearly for you. Going for the one with an exercise?

3. Aldo008

Aldo008 Member

Just the one-day tutorial. The notes are pretty good, and the Q+A bank solutions are comprehensive. I'm finding the planning and stucturing a little tricky, but I should be able to draft my answers once I get all the points down.

4. Busy_Bee4422

Srategically, a subject with a 29% pass rate at the Sept 2009 sitting seems to require as much help and effort as possible. Go get those planning and structuring issues cleared. Who knows what else there is to get? Go for it. I'm doing everything to ensure I get the pass.

Incidentally I registered for the webinars.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  5. Aldo008

Aldo008 Member

That is a scary figure. Do you know if there is a resit paper in Sep/Oct this year if you fail the April sitting?

6. Busy_Bee4422

This April 2010 is the last sitting for the exam subject. The course is the only way you can do it after this April.

I am extremely worried because the profession has yet to explain how non-UK students are going to do it. Very intent on getting it right this April.