how to tackle exam qus.

Discussion in 'CT3' started by Bharti Singla, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Bharti Singla

Bharti Singla Senior Member

Hii all, I have appeared for CT1 and CT2 (IAI) in april diet. My preparation was good but I am so disappointed from the results (none cleared) ..I think its because of lack of revision. Can anyone plz suggest how to do strong revision for CT3 so that I can easily tackle the difficult questions in the exam? Plz anyone suggest something great! I shall be really thankful.

2. pbrown

pbrown Member

Hi Bharti
    Sorry to hear that.
    How many past papers did you do for each CT???
    Peter

3. bystander

bystander Member

My first question would be how well did you know each part of the course? Do you know which parts you find harder. You know to be honest with yourself on both these.

Then, looking at the examiners report do you know which question(s) you didn't do well on?

Armed with your weaknesses, work on these in revision. It's the same with a new subject. Get through all the course with plenty of revision time and practise real exam questions.

Now turning to ct3. Your post suggests you are committed to trying this next session. Only do this if it is going well. If not, choose to resit either ct1 or 2. You need to rebuild your confidence and potentially getting 3 fails will be most unhelpful.

With revision, it's practising exam questions that's important. Use past papers. Always attempt them under full exam conditions, then mark them truthfully against the solution. If it's practical and affordable, do a mock and get it marked By ActEd, and take note of feedback not just the mark. Yes take comfort in what you know, but the key to success is working on weaknesses to bring them to relative strength.

Is timing your issue? If so, be strict with yourself. Get really familiar with what's in the formula book. Also, be confident with your calculator. Vital minutes can be lost if you are searching around.

Next, your reading skills and attention to detail. ,make sure you have the question in mind. Note relevant details like payment frequencies, interest rate format, etc and don't misuse data because you have misread the question. It's very easy to lose marks that way. Also make sure your audit trail is clear. If examiners cannot follow your approach you can get some credit if you make a mathematical error. Be mindful of what rough answer you are expecting.

Hope these are helpful tips. Good luck and wishing you a happy results day after your next session

Aditya mohan mathur and John Lee like this.
  4. Bharti Singla

Bharti Singla Senior Member

yes, its all my mistake.. I have not done past papers. I did focus on only concepts and my revision was very weak. But now, i am well aware of what should i do. Thankyou so much for tips! It is going to be really helpful for me. I will practice more qus. and work on my weaknesses.. thankss again :)