How long should I wait to 'use' my degree

Discussion in 'Careers' started by roro1990, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

mpyan1 don't feel small for speaking your mind. This forum should be an epicenter of robust engagement; a site of a genial symbiosis between the members and a robust community of professionals who proudly claim and inhabit this expansive space of refuge and repose.

My fight for your right to critique the profession as you want is animated by my reverence of, and devotion to the dear precincts of learning and reflection.

2. td290

td290 Member

I think you have gone rather further than this. You have branded people who disagree with you as naïve and told them that “you’ll learn one day.” To you this may simply be sharing your thoughts and experiences but it is unlikely to be appreciated by those on the receiving end of such comments or anyone else who may share their views. Perhaps this does not matter to you but it is unlikely to make anyone feel sympathetic to your plight.

3. mpyan1

mpyan1 Member

Thank you and you are right. Here in the UK for many years there has been quite an anti-free speech politically correct culture where it has become fashionable to shut down debate rather than encourage it, where people claim 'offense' in order to silence others.

4. mpyan1

mpyan1 Member

Fine, well I'm not forcing anyone to agree with me, I'll happily let them make up their own minds.