How Big is CT4??

Discussion in 'CT4' started by richie_mc, Mar 11, 2009.

1. richie_mc

richie_mc Member

Hi,

I have recently taken on CT1, and seperately attempted CT2 and 3 together I found CT1 fine on its own and in a short time got familiar with the material. However I had great difficulty with CT3 and ended up just passing CT2, it was the stats!!!! What kind of workload am i to expect from CT4 as I am considering now taking it on with CT7 (less intnesive & mathzy) having disposed of CT3 this time around.....

How have you guys got on building up to the april exams??

2. geoff97531

geoff97531 Member

I'm sure if you ask anyone at work they will confirm that CT4 is not only a long course, but a very difficult one too. If they don't, they're lying! I really wouldn't fancy cramming that particular subject into a couple of months - it is easily as 'mathszy' as CT3 and probably worse actually in places. As for CT7, whilst our tutor said that was a long course, I got to grips much quicker with that than most of the maths papers and dare I say it, its actually 'quite' interesting. Its all relative though. I also wouldn't recommend cramming CT5 or 6 into a short time so not sure what to suggest - CT5 is the one most like CT1 if that's any use so that may be the best of a bad bunch.

3. jensen

jensen Member

I personally find the Markov Jump processes is painful, and a few other chapters as well such as Exposed to risk and the one before that.