Hotel recommendations for CA2?

Discussion in 'CA2' started by CA2 student, Jun 27, 2007.

1. CA2 student

CA2 student Member

Hiya

Can anyone who has done CA2 in Oxford recommend any good hotels close to the course? Or does anyone who lives/works/studied in Oxford know of anywhere nice to stay?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Muppet06

Muppet06 Member

Did you find somewhere nice to stay??

3. CA2 student

CA2 student Member

No, I decided to commute as it was cheaper.

4. Nossy

Nossy Member

So can anyone recommend somewhere to stay in Oxford??

5. bystander

bystander Member

All depends what you want to pay!!!! Five * or a park bench!

Whenever I'm in doubt, go for something like a TravelLodge. At least you know you'll get the basics.

6. loopyloo

loopyloo Member

So - does anyone know anywhere specific - middlish price? Main thing is proximity to the place - I'm terrible for getting lost & would like it to be close. Anyone able to help? Is there a travellodge really near or anything like that?

7. anon2

anon2 Member

No cheap hotels nearby.

£100 is normal.

8. learner

learner Member

I am not taking CA2 yet, but as a former student in Oxford I would say that there is a wide range of hotels and it depends on what you are looking for. There are branches of Premier Inn and Travelodge outside the city near the ring road, close to local bus services.

More information about local transport services and accommodation can be obtained from the City Council website oxford.gov.uk, and from yell.com. It could be worth consulting a tourist guidebook. These tend to list the longer-established hotels.

I did once stay in a guest house opposite the railway station when visiting Oxford to study 2 or 3 years ago. The price was about £35.00. There may be other guest houses nearby. I made the booking through the information office at the railway station.

9. amaster

amaster Member

if you're looking for somewhere nearby then mercure eastgate hotel

although it is a bit pricy about £130 pounds a night

10. Snowy

Snowy Member

is there anywhere closer to the st catherine college campus than the mercure?

11. Ricegirl

Ricegirl Member

I stayed at the mercure and it's only about a 5 min walk to the college - doubt you'll find anything closer.

12. When I did CA2 last year, most people were staying at the Mercure. I stayed at the Malmaison in Oxford which was a very nice hotel, but a good 15/20 minute walk away from St. Catherine's College.