Hitting the marking scheme

Discussion in 'SA4' started by LauraP, Sep 11, 2008.

1. LauraP

LauraP Member

I've just got my mock back and was pleasantly surprised by my mark of 71%. When I went through the paper with the solutions, I noticed that I missed a lot of the points on the marking scheme and was given marks for points that I think are revelant (and obviously the marker agreed) but weren't on the solutions. I would have given myself more like 40%.

I was always of the understanding that you had to get the key points on the scheule in the exam - is this correct or will you be given marks for other relevant points?

2. kathrynT

kathrynT Member

I just had a revision day for SA4, and the tutor said that the exams are all marked once based on the first set of solutions. Then the markers all get together, and if there are significant number of scripts making a point that isn't on the solutions, then they would then add it on.

So by the time the solutions are published, they should contain most of the answers you would get marks for, and it would be unlikely (tho not impossible) that you'd get marks that weren't on the schedule. (I know this isn't that helpful for a mock exam.)

For the wordier exams, I've found it helpful to look at the institute's answers alongside Acted's - as this is what the markers will be marking based on.

Hope this helps.