Hints on ST2 plssssssssss?

Discussion in 'SP2' started by kanch, Jan 30, 2006.

1. kanch

kanch Member

Anyone one out there who has done ST2? (I am sure there are plenty)

Any useful hints? Esepcially on grabbing extra points? ;)

Cheers

K

2. bystander

bystander Member

I wouldn't get hung up about squeezing every last point out of every qn. The first 30% of marks should be picked up quickly and easily ( so I was told). The last 20% of any qn are the hardest and you may be better moving on to hoovering the early marks than the later ones.

Don't jump into any qn at the deep end. State the obvious - it generally scores.

Read the qn to pick up clues. Words like 'big' 'small' often are hinting at something eg limited experience, size of free assets so pick up on these.

Don't fall into traps like talking about shareholders if the co is a mutual. Or writing about bonuses if its a non-profit office.

If you some reason you get a formula qn, define your symbols clearly. That seems a common omission from candidates.

When you look at past papers, highlight the points you generally miss and try to remember them when you see similar qns. And look out for the remark 'many candidates missed this'. I reckon everyone has 'blindspots' and this may be the best way of reducing yours.

If you are talking about methods, the words simple can be expanded to include calculation/understand & interpret/communicate. Likewise alongside simplicity often comes speed of calculation or cost in terms of computing power and/or skilled resource.

I don't think there's any way to guarantee bonus marks others won't get. It often seems more about exam technique than knowledge.

Sorry there's no magical ingredient from me.

But good luck anyhow.

3. kanch

kanch Member

Thanks.......................

Yea I agree with what you say!
    So far it seems that when i do question I miss out on few points here and there which are Half marks.
    There were instances where I completely miss interepret the question (Some trick questions). I guess I have now started to pay extra attention on every single sentence in the question, where i could actually pick up lot of clues! This has to an extent reduced miss interpretation. I remember one of the assignment question I had missinterpreted and it cost me the whole question!! So I learned my lesson!!!!

Anyway thanks for the advice.

By the way have you finished the ST's?

Rgrds,
    K

4. bystander

bystander Member

I'm actually qualified but retain an interest in education for some bizarre reason. I wouldn't like anyone else to quite go thru' the mill as I did so am happy to help the next generation.

Just wish a site like this was around in my day particularly at the times I wasn't surrounded by students in the same office. Grab support wherever you can!