Help on CT4

Discussion in 'CT4' started by senorina, Jun 11, 2008.

1. senorina

senorina Member

Hi,

I have been taking CT4 exam for a couple of diets and haven't been able to clear the same. I am extremely in an urgent need for some help on the same. Would request everyone on this portal to provide me with some of their inputs and ideas to help me get through the exam.

Thanks & Regards,
    Swati

2. didster

didster Member

This may not be what you're looking for, but you need to try to figure out why you're failing and work on them, eg is it because you don't understand the questions, make mistakes while solving them, or run out of time.

Possible areas you may want to try are:
    - Attempt past papers (under exam conditions) and mark your script using the examiners report to get a feel of how high the bar is.
    - Consider exam counseling
    - Use Acted Marking
    - Ask colleagues at work.
    - try alternative learning material if you don't understand the material. (although I don't know of any books off-hand, I'm sure there are many good books on the subject)

You may want to consider taking a break from writing the CT4 exam until you're feel more comfortable writing it.

3. Do not worry! this happends with each and everyone of us, on way to become an actuary.
    There is something you always miss when go through the core reading and question banks. When study by self we miss many thing without even knowing that those topics and concepts are very important. I'd suggest you to study in groups with your freinds who are preparing for the exam, share and discuss the topics and questions with them. Try it from today.
    Hope this small suggestion will help you.
    Good luck