Have you started studying

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Zapher, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Zapher

Zapher Member

How many hours or how far are you with your studying for April 2010?

2. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

3. dopeyS

dopeyS Member

Have ordered material!!!

4. capitalH

capitalH Member

Ordered material - Check
    Received Material - Check
    Put material in files (CA1) - Check
    Calculated total number of pages - Check
    Calculated number of pages+hours to be studied per day - Check
    Complained to everybody willing to listen about the volume of work - Check
    Read Chapter 0 - Check
    Start with Chapter 1 - Outstanding...

5. Goku

Goku Member

hehe, nice one Capital

Do you guys ever experience studying in a disciplined manner for a week, and in then next week you slacken down big time...

happening to me :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2009
  6. Hamilton

Hamilton Member

I'm confussed

So i took ct 4 ,5 ,and 8 last time , and I feel confident bout ct4 but the other two im very sure I failed. So no I havent started studying for next time cause I dont know what to do.
    Probably do ct 5 and 8 again in april and was thinking maybe st6 . Doing 3 exams its pretty essential to have gaps between them in the exam timetable. So any advice would be nice .
    I dont know what changes are happening to ct5 and 8 this year if any , wanted to get away with not ordering new notes for those subjects since im unemployed and cant really afford them.
    As im unemployed does it make sence to take st6 or will whatever job i do eventually get not like the fact ive taken that particular st?
    The reason im considering it is cause I enjoy the derivatives stuff and maybe I wont end being an actuary but go down a trading route.

So 3 subjects from anything but ct 1,3 ,6 and 4. (timetable being a big factor)

Help me decide!!

7. jimlad

jimlad Member

Hamilton, mate, I'm going to hope for your sake that writing ST6 twice was an oversight. CT6 is bad enough but the ST? You don't want to be going anywhere near that heap of *****.

8. Zapher

Zapher Member

I have decided i will start studying the day after my ST results come out!!

9. ntutas

ntutas Member

CT1 & CT7 reading for 2010

Those who have taken CT1 and CT7 before please tell me ideally which chapters should have been covered by now ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Member

ntutas - I try to use the assignment deadlines as a guide, just because it means I have something to target. Each X assignment covers a certain part of the course. If the assignment X1 deadline was tomorrow, I'd be aiming to cover the relevant chapters by then, even if I don't submit the assignment.

Having said that, I know qualified actuaries who never got the notes out before Christmas :eek: so it's not the same for everyone!