Guide me

Discussion in 'Careers' started by sainigaurav1982, May 26, 2008.

1. Hi,

I am Gaurav from India. An MBA grad. specialized in Finance and Marketing, took 3 CT series exam i.e. CT 1,3 and 7 from Institute of Actuaries of India this May.

I am 26 years old, worked for Real estate consultancy as Business Developer prior to my MBA. I used up all my Savings from the job while completing MBA. Got placed with HSBC as Financial planning Manager as campus placement even before completing the thesis term. Worked there for 3-4 months, then had to leave my Job cause of health issues. Later i though of not joining any company and just concentrate on clearing rest of my exams and thesis. MBA was the only way i could have joined Actuarial society of India as i was not eligible otherwise.

Now that i got my MBA degree, Actuarial society's membership and taken 3 exams, i would like to start work Asap. But the problem is that in India to work as actuarial trainee one needs to clear 3-4 exams of CT series. I cannot wait for that long to work.

I have 2 options either to go for Financial sector sales or real estate consulting company. i would not prefer to take sales as it will give me no time to give for my studies. I had an interview with Knight Frank, a real estate consulting firm. Though i was able to explain to them what actuaries do, but wasn't able to clear the relation between actuarial concepts and their use in real estate.

Can anyone help me in knowing actuarial concepts usage in real estate so that next time i can tell the interviewers how my actuarial concepts can help in the real estate work. I have tried Google but wasn't able to get anything in concrete. please help.

waiting for all the help that you can provide.
    Thanks .