Guidance of Subject Selection

Discussion in 'CT5' started by punitkedia, May 21, 2014.

1. punitkedia

punitkedia Member

Hi Guys,

I have cleared four subject CT 1,2,3,7 and looking for taking two subjects in November 2014. Can Some one tell me the subjects I should choose which increases my prospects for getting into the actuarial firms and companies.

2. r_v.s

r_v.s Member

How about CT 5 and 6?! Go thro' the syllabus and see what you can handle!

3. punitkedia

punitkedia Member

ok..thanks

4. Mark Mitchell

Mark Mitchell Member

5. punitkedia

punitkedia Member

By profession am a Chartered Accountant. Will it be possible to manage CT8 before taking CT4 and CT6.. Means should I prefer CT5 and CT8.

6. Mark Mitchell

Mark Mitchell Member

I don't know what's on the chartered accountant syllabus...

CT8 has some heavy-duty maths in it on derivative pricing and interest rate models. If you've met stochastic calculus and Black-Scholes before, then give it a go. But, in my opinion, CT8 is probably the most technically difficult CT subject.

7. Calum

Calum Member

To be honest, I would say that if you have 1/2/3/7 AND two more, you have proved you are quite capable of doing the work and therefore employers are not going to be overly concerned which ones the two extra are.

The only consideration to me would be what line of work you would like to go into - life, pick 4 & 5, general insurance, pick 4&6, investments...maybe 6&8. If you're not sure, 4&5 would be a safe choice, I'd say.

8. punitkedia

punitkedia Member

thnks for the guidance:)