guidance notes...

Discussion in 'SA3' started by moomanoid, Apr 16, 2009.

1. moomanoid

moomanoid Member

Can any one else not be bothered in learning them?

maybe if we all agree not to then no1 can have the marks :p

seriously, does anyone think they will ask a detailed question about these again?

personally id be suprised... although they might mix things up by springing a gn20/33 question within an SAO setting?

Thoughts?

2. Guidance Notes

I agree that they are very difficult to learn in the form in which they are supplied. I've had to make my own flashcards summarising what is in them.

If I had to guess, I would say that GN12 and GN50 were the most important ones to learn, with a decent working knowledge of the most important points in the others (whatever you think that the "most important" points might be).

There were a fair few marks on GN12 and GN50 in the last two papers - I reckon there will be something again (although as we know, past performance is not necessarily a good guide to the future).

3. alch84

alch84 Member

Well

I think I wouldn't bother with GN18, 20 and 33.

In past papers GN12 was asked alongside a bigger reserving question, so they were absolutely relevant to the question.

If GN18, 20 or 33 were asked it would accompany a larger Lloyds or US reserving question on Surplus Lines etc., which I'd have no hope of attempting anyway.