Graph-sketching

Discussion in 'CT7' started by Louisa, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Louisa

Louisa Member

Okay, slightly silly question, but does anyone know if it is permitted to use pencil when sketching graphs in the exam?
    I never get it right first time, and it would be a drag to have to go over everything in pen afterwards.

2. I used pens for this module. Seemed to be alright. The front of the exam booklet always says you should use pens (blue/black). I'm sure I've used red & green to make the lines and shaded areas clearer. If I got away with that, you'll probably get away with pencial, as long as it's legible.

3. bystander

bystander Member

If you are having serious doubts, get in touch with the exam dept at the Institute for advice.

But I'd have thought given this is economics they are after something fairly rough so you'd have to go seriously wrong not to get marks eg your line slopes upwards and not down (looking left to right).

I'd go for ink and think before you put pen to paper if you don't want to check it out. Or do a quick sketch on scrap paper before you commit to an answer.

4. Louisa

Louisa Member

I did check this with the exam dept - apparently it really is pens.
    Mostly fine, the ones that worry me is where you have to show supernormal profits or Giffen goods or somthing that is dependent on the exact shapes of the curves. Ah well, best get practising...
    L