Good Luck

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Oxymoron, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

Hey everyone writing the UK exam this time. All the best!

2. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

It looks like you are in a good mood. Things must going well for you.:mad:

3. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

hehe, I'm writing the Indian exams - ain't due for bad mood till next month end :D

4. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

Haha thanks, I feel better...for a second. I am not enjoying my past exam paper practice in ST5. My marks are so volatile, sometimes I pass extremely well - well over the hurdle, sometimes I fail dismally. .:confused:

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

My ST6 marks are just borderline at around 50, do u think I fancy a chance, given that you passed ST6 some time ago? lol

But I've got 3 more to go and will definitely try everything to improve.

6. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

Absolutely as long as its not a wide range. I went into the exam with that sort of average. ST6 is mostly maths anyway so when you self mark you are more certain the examiner will mark in that way.

And another thing you only need to be beat 70% of the other candidates to pass..Haha I know thats not comforting but the exam I passed had a 32% pass rate.

7. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

I'm averaging exactly around that. I did a paper on Sunday and got 43, only to realize no one in India passed that attempt out of 16 who appeared. Top 30% rule only works with large numbers :(

8. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

Thats a toughie, but I suppose being an actuary in India has more benefits than the UK, relatively, because of the uniqueness of the opportunity.

If you are getting 43 now with that much time left - two or more weeks - then you are on the right track. In addition I feel the marginal benefits of extra study are higher for heavily mathematical subjects.