Glossary

Discussion in 'ST3' started by LouiseF, Nov 7, 2005.

1. LouiseF

LouiseF Member

Hi All,

Anyway, I've seen the glossary at the back. I've never done any ST subjects (or 300's) before. Are we supposed to learn off the glossary definitions by heart? If so, does anyone have any great tips on doing this? Or is it just a case of 'getting the gist of it'?

:confused:

2. Muppet

Muppet Member

will get easier

it my look daunting at first, but be aware that:
    (a) quite a lot of the definitions (those with a *) are not need for ST3, only for SA3
    (b) you'll get to know the majority of the others as you become more familiar with the course material. Eg thiings like claim, acccident year, underwriting etc etc will hopefully become straightforward.

You don't need to learn any of the definitions word for word but you need to be able to define them in a clear way (with the same meaning as what's there).

Probably only a handful you'll end up having to learn - but they do sometimes come up - eg in September they asked for a definition of "suretyship". :cool:

3. Deniese

Deniese Member

I found that alot of the terms you will understand when you read through the course, however, I did the following.....

At the end of each chapter in ST3 they have a list of glossary terms you should know by the end of that chapter, everyday I took a page and i wrote out what each term meant as a way to test myself. it then becomes embedded after you have done this process 3 times....and that paid off because I wasn't caught out by the meaning of "Suretyship" in the Septemeber exams.

However, you need to weigh up whether the points you gain for answering definitions questions are worth losing other times you could spend learning something else.

You don't need to learn it word for word as long as you have a clear understanding of the definition and can explain it clearly in the exams.

Hope it helps.