Getting on with SA1

Discussion in 'SA1' started by LastMile, Jun 17, 2014.

1. LastMile

LastMile Member

I have used atleast one revision aid for all theory exams in the past, esp audio lessons and revision booklets being the most useful... and ASET as well giving chapter wise/section wise exam questions.

I don't see any of these selections available for SA1. Any particular reason why?

Any revision help / suggestions are much appreciated!

2. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi LastMile

Given the numbers of students sitting SA1, we aren't able to produce any additional revision aids at the moment. We obvioulsy keep this under review though. (Last winter 47 students sat SA1 and in the summer there were 55 - compared to 200-300 sitting SA2, SA3 and SA4 each sitting.)

You could consider using the revision booklets for the P1 practice module to help learn the Core Reading:
    http://www.acted.co.uk/Html/paper_P0.htm

Good luck with your revision :)

Sarah

3. LastMile

LastMile Member

Thanks Sarah

Any reason why such less students sit for SA1? Is it a more recent trend or a UK specific thing? Health business in some other parts of the world is gaining significant importance.

Cheers
    LastMile

4. Calum

Calum Member

My suspicion is that anyone involved in health & care on the actuarial side is at least as well acquainted with life and therefore with the larger numbers taking SA2 and the slightly less wide open syllabus, the thinking is that SA2 is the safer bet.