General Questions

Discussion in 'CT2' started by Alex87, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Alex87

Alex87 Member

Hi I am sitting CT2 this sitting along with CT4.

Just do question about approaching this exam:

1. The multiple choice, are the 2 marks per question based purely on the correct answer, can you get 1 mark, 1/2 mark for anything written down?

2. For the short questions, are bullet pointed answers a fair way to approach these type - they are time saving but obviously not showing proper written sentences.

Thanks in advance for any advice

2. bystander

bystander Member

I know 2 marks is a lot but I don't believe there are any 'method marks' to be had by writing explanation etc so just commit and move on. If you need a calc then by all meand do it in the answer book but don't waste time and make sure you clearly state A B C D etc. Don't rely on your numeriocal answer getting you the marks. They want A B C D.

On the point of bullets thats fine. If it says list then be really brief, otherwise you may need to expand briefly. Be guided by available marks and the instruction eg Comment on - (needs some expansion), list (key words fine). It isn't a test of your English language ability.

3. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

1. Regarding multiple choice: it's 2 marks for a right answer, no marks for a wrong answer. No marks given for showing workings, method, choosing an answer that sounds like it might be right (but isn't) etc.

There is no 'negative' marking, so always make sure you write down one option.

2 As Bystander says, bullet points are fine, but make sure you pay attention to the command word and ensure you make a complete point.