FSA forms

Discussion in 'SA2' started by Jimmy white, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Jimmy white

Jimmy white Member

Hi,

The core reading has "students who are studying Subject SA2 are required to have a good knowledge of the content of [sic. FSA] forms and should study them by accessing the FSA website."

My question is to what end? Should I have sufficient knowledge to know every line of every form (cause there's a lot of them!)? Should I memorise all the numbers and and names?

Some guidance on how much work is needed and some tips on how best to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
    Jimmy

2. cjno1

cjno1 Member

As far as I could tell when I studied SA2, you don't need to know the exact content of every form, just have a general understanding of what is included in the forms, and if you know what number the forms are that's even better.

At most, you would get 1 mark for knowing a particular form number and it's only going to come up as a small part of a big question (you'll never get a full question saying "explain everything on Form 13") so it's probably not worth the hassle of learning them all inside out. And actually, in some of the solutions I looked at, the markers gave credit when you just got "close" to the correct form number e.g. if the actual information is on form 13 and you said form 12, you still got the mark.

My tactic for the exam was just to learn the title and number of each form, that way I would have a general feeling for what was in each form, so that I could make an educated guess if anything about forms came up.

The only other thing to bear in mind is that, if you are going to do the practice module (P2), you will need to have a much better understanding of the forms, since the multiple choice questions can ask things like "In which form would you find admissible assets? 11, 12, 13, 14". But again, there would only be at most one or two questions like this, so you could still easily get enough marks to pass without learning them all.