Formulae sheet

Discussion in 'SP8' started by Purple, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Purple

Purple Member

For ST8 exam, there seems to be many statistical formulae that we are expected to know for the exam. For example:
    1. the GLM chapter, the exponential formula, the variance/expected value/canonical link functions for the many different distributions.
    2. Chapter 15, ILFs formulae
    3. Credibility formulae
    and so on...

Are we expected to know all these formulae by hard or will they be provided in the exam or are we allowed to bring formulae sheet for the exam?

Thank you.

2. bystander

bystander Member

Aren't you always supplied with the Standard Formula and Tables book?

Not heard of anything extra. If at all poss, be familiar enough and confident enough that you don't need to refer as reference costs time

3. bystander

bystander Member

Oh and normally you can't take any material into the exam incase its been annotated with more than other candidates have access to. Hence why they also supply formula and tables rather than let you take in your own

4. 12345

12345 Member

This is something I was wondering about as the exam approaches - can any Acted tutor advise on what is included in the formula book and what we need to memorise?

I think I've spotted them all but there's a lot of additional obscure formulas in the course and would appreciate a double check!

5. Calum

Calum Member

There's a formulae sheet for ST9 in addition to the Tables - AFAIK that's the only exception.

6. Katherine Young

Katherine Young ActEd Tutor Staff Member

ST8 does have formulae that are not in the Tables. Examples which spring to mind are things like the ILF formulae and the credibility formulae.

If I were you I'd look at the summary pages provided at the end of each chapter. That should give you the lot.

Good luck!

Katherine.