Formats

Discussion in 'CA3' started by andy orodo, Mar 26, 2015.

1. andy orodo

andy orodo Member

Hi,

Is there anywhere I can get a definitive list of the types of written exercises I could be asked, together with the IFoA's opinion on what format that should be in?

Also, does anyone have any do's and don't strictly from a formatting perspective?

I'm a little cautious of the IFoA applying their rigid and restrictive opinions on writing and presentation styles in this exam, even though (in my opinion) insurance companies, consultancies, newspapers etc. all have their own unique communication styles that differ from what the IFoA has conjured up as the only appropriate way of doing things - apologies.... rant over! :)

2. tiger

tiger Member

3. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Part 3 of the ActEd Course Notes covers formatting. I'm not aware of any IFoA statements as to formatting but, as tiger has mentioned, there are a few high-level comments in the Syllabus and reports from past examinations.
    Note that there aren't many marks for formatting - more important issues are using simple language and making sure you answer all of the needs of the recipient(s) - but I appreciate your desire not to lose these few marks for the mechanics of communication!