Format & procedure

Discussion in 'CA2' started by dushyant kochar, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Can anyone please explain me the overall process of the CA2 exam ,like when the study material is made available or whether if any knowledge apart from the study material is required to clear the exam? I also don't have any prior work experience in the Actuarial field ,so am i at a disadvantage?. I have cleared CT 1-8 and preparing for CA1. please help .

2. Sarah Byrne

Sarah Byrne ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Check the CA2 page on the IFoA website for more information:
    https://www.actuaries.org.uk/studyi...a2-model-documentation-analysis-and-reporting

In particular, there is a link to a guide to the exam which you will probably find useful. There are also past papers available online.

ActEd publish Course Notes which are available any time. We also have an online classroom and run a tutorial Preparation Day in person or online. You may also want to do a mock exam.

The exam may be based on an actuarial situation that some students may be familiar with from work, but it could equally be based on something completely different (like modelling bird populations or analysing race results). Even if it is based on something more actuarial, for example pensions, those not working in pensions may have as much experience as you. So don't let it put you off.

Good luck!
    Sarah

3. Thank you ma'am for the reply:)