first sitting

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by theactuary2010, Jan 28, 2008.

1. i am going to write my first exams in april 2008. what form of identification is required ? given that i am a foreigner in the country iam going to sit them,and my passport has got my maiden surname and my country of origin's id has got my marriage surname.i registerd using my marriage surname.wont there be a problem there? should i also take my marriage certificate with me to prove my identity? also is an affidavit necessary?

2. I wouldn't stress to much about it....

a passport is normally the best ID I'd say; so perhaps drop the Institute/Faculty an email and tell them what your maiden name is so they know.

Then passport + marriage certificate should be fine. If you're feeling nervous take all three along and then you can worry about the exam instead of the paperwork! :D

3. bystander

bystander Member

I'd say definitely contact the exam department for advice and sort this out NOW. That way you can focus on study/revision without nagging doubts.

The last thing you need on exam morning is an invigilator that is thrown by something unusual. The fewer pieces of paper you have the better. You wouldn't want to lose say your marriage certificate in the haste to get out of the exam room.

Good luck.

4. thank you guys.i have already contacted the institute about the issue