Feedback

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by capitalH, Oct 15, 2008.

1. capitalH

capitalH Member

2. jeaneu

jeaneu Member

I think it's for when ActEd send you a feedback form after you've attended a tutorial...

3. bystander

bystander Member

I think its on line feedback for ActEd marking though it may be on-line tutorials too. I think the link is detailed on the cover to assignments. Not paid too much notice as I scrawl my feedback onto the cover sheet.

But one marker I know tells me they really appreciate the feedback - the actual marker does get it routinely from ActEd who collate it. So if there is something you love/hate about markers actual comments do feedback or you're likely to get what you don't want again. Silence is not always golden - and definitely isn't if you don't feedback and hence have 100% probability of not winning the prize.

4. I understood it that the amount ActEd markers got paid for marking a paper depended on the feedback grading. I could be wrong...

5. bystander

bystander Member

'The payment for each script will vary according to the time taken to return the assignment to ActEd, the length of the assignment and the student's assessment of the usefulness of the marker's comments.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copied the para above from the Info for Markers site so yes grade is part of it. But I'm not sure whether you need to do more than grade a marker to go into the feedback draw.

Getting back to the original qn posed: syllabus seems out of scope but there is never any harm in writing to ActEd on anything, though often the Institute themselves may be better eg if you disagree with syllabus as I think its the profession that writes that.