Feedback Requested! Actuaries and Tech Skills

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by theBZNess, Oct 30, 2020.

1. theBZNess

theBZNess Member

Hi all, I decided to create a blog - but I honestly underestimated how tough it is in terms of writing the content. As background, I am an actuary that has experience leading development teams in the software space, and along the way became a bit of a hybrid developer myself, being most proficient in C# and Python. I feel that learning these skills is incredibly important and want to share some of my learnings.

Here's the first post... https://www.nomadactuary.com/blog/web-scraping-scotus/

What I would like to know is, do most actuaries nowadays know a bit more Python than I'm assuming? At a minimum I think I will add a "level" tag to indicate if it's something for beginners vs. intermediate vs. experts. What about the content? Is general programming / cloud computing of interest or more so just ML and the corresponding tools/libraries?

Anything in particular you would want to see or comment on? Also would really appreciate the responses on the post (if you scroll to the bottom there's a section to leave a reaction/comment).

Would really appreciate any input.