1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Failed Exam

Discussion in 'SP4' started by jm_kinuthia, Dec 26, 2016.

1. jm_kinuthia

jm_kinuthia Member

I sat and failed ST4 for the first time in last sitting. Any advice for retakers please ? A friend of mine who passed 1st attempt recommended "SEE" State-Expand-Example technique. How well does it work ?

I felt like I had a good grasp of material having worked for almost 6 years in pensions.

2. Hi

Sorry to hear you missed out on ST4 this time.

Consistent if boring advice ... doing these three things will help you pass the exam:
    1) Do lots of past paper questions
    2) Know your stuff
    3) Consider your exam technnique

A lot of students who failed the exam but then subsequently passed it have often said that this is a result of focussing too much on bookwork learning on not enough on past questions on their first sitting, but then devoting longer on past questions on the resit.

As for exam technique and the SEE technique you describe - this can be useful on questions where depth of answer is needed - but should not be applied blindly, for example questions requiring you to list, state or outline will not require this much depth.
    Best wishes
    Stuart
    Stuart Underwood
    ActEd Tutor