Extra paper in exams

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Helen83, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Helen83

Helen83 Member

Are we supposed to write our candidate number on the extra paper we use as well as tag it to our exam booklet? Apparently there's no space on the paper to do this.

My friend only tagged it and is now getting really worried that it will get lost as it doesn't have the candidate number on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
  2. bystander

bystander Member

Yes there will be a risk but not a huge one and there's no use fretting about it now.

So if you have time you could scrawl the number on there but don't waste too much time.

Its probably also better to tag it so the sheet is inside the back page of the booklet rather than flopping around on the back where it could more easily get snagged

3. Amarantha

Amarantha Member

I didn't realise we were supposed to put our candidate number on the extra paper. I would have thought there should be a special area for it if we're supposed to.
    I put my paper in the middle of the booklet and tagged it there. Hope it doesn't get lost in transit!

I would actually prefer a system I've seen elsewhere where you're given single sheets (of double a4 size, folded in half), and can then have as many of these as you want. They were squared too, rather than lined, which was much nicer for any subject that needed equations or numbers. We just wrote our candidate numbers on each sheet of these.
    I really don't like the lined paper books we're given - they're far too restrictive. Why is there such a huge margin that we aren't allowed to write in? The examiners don't write there to my knowledge.