1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Extra exam sitting

Discussion in 'India' started by Muppet, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Muppet

Muppet Member

I see the IAI are offering an extra exam sitting in December - interesting. Though I don't think they announced their switch to the UK 2019 structure that long ago and this seems reasonable to give people the chance to get the CT1/CT5 combo, say.

buddingactuary and Calm like this.
  2. Infinity

Infinity Member

Can you send the link please?

3. Muppet

Muppet Member

4. Infinity

Infinity Member

Google what is that? Can you send me the link?

Anyway, so it appears that Indian IAI students will get an extra sitting in December. British IFoA students will not... since you have all completed the extensive diversity and ethics Training required by the IFoA, can anyone please advise me what they think of this?

5. tess

tess Member

Interesting. In Australia it looks like we are following IFoA's (UK) lead and not having an extra exam sitting either. Shame, I was only 1 exam away from completing all my CT exams, now I'll have to do that new one...

wzlee12 likes this.
  6. Infinity

Infinity Member

So it doesn’t bother you to have to repeat the exam and have to do two exams instead of one?

It’s 250 study hours instead of 125

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2018
  7. tess

tess Member

It's disappointing as I found out too late to change my plans. I could have conceivably finished this year but oh well - that'll teach me for being a slowpoke when sitting my CT subjects...

8. The extra sitting has a catch though. Ifoa will not recognize the December exam for exemptions.

9. Infinity

Infinity Member

So Indian People, how was your extra exam sitting in December?

10. almost_there

almost_there Member

IFoA appear rather inept in not being able to provide extra exam sitting.

11. almost_there

almost_there Member

That gesture is too little too late from IFoA that doesn't atone for historic unfairness. Since for years and years the IFoA has granted exemptions to IAI exams, which are held about a month after IFoA's, so IAI students can take exams with both organisations and have 4 sittings each year instead of 2. This is clearly advantageous to IAI students.