Exemptions

Discussion in 'Careers' started by Cardano, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Cardano

Cardano Member

I have a student who has just finished his second year of an economics and finance degree at QMW, London. There are no specific exemptions for CT7 and CT2, but it is all covered in his course. What are the chances of parlaying his degree, which we will assume as likely to be around the top 2.1 to low First, into exemptions for these exams

2. IMO he should be able to get the exemptions. It will probably be a lot more hassle for him to get though.

I got an exemption from (what was then) 101 via several different courses combined. In the end I had to send the institute a copy of the 101 syllabus with annotations on how I had already covered each point.

3. capitalH

capitalH Member

See here for more information. http://www.actuaries.org.uk/students/getting_started/exemptions/eligibility/non-actuarial_degrees

Note that I inserted the numbering for ease of reference. Original contained bullets.

1 and 2 should be easy. 3 Can possibly be extremely difficult and time consuming (Note the compare portion). 4&5 should not be too difficult either.

4. Cardano

Cardano Member

Thanks both of you, I have pointed the lad concerned in the direction of this thread. :)