Exemptions Time

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Alex87, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Alex87

Alex87 Member

Hi all,

I've submitted an exemption for CT8 as I have covered the vast majority of the module in University. They say it will take up to 21 days, does anyone have any experience of how long this usually takes?

Thanks

2. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

Yes, it does take just about 21 working days once they acknowledge receipt of your documents. A bit less for those with universities on approved list. Expect the possibility of a bit more for those from universities not on it. Also depends on the timing of the application sometimes. In periods of results or exam registration it may take longer.

3. Alex87

Alex87 Member

Thanks for your response.

Was your application for a University agreed exemption? Mine isn't and I found I had covered about 95% of the syllabus. Do you know if I have a chance or are they quite strict on granting these?

4. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

Hie Alex87

I came from a university accredited. At some time later the accreditation was removed so I have seen later students navigating the matter.

There must be a percentage somewhere on the website indicating how much of a syllabus should be covered and I don't think it is as high as 95%. Just can't remember.

Nway I think you have a fair chance at it.

Best wishes.

5. Alex87

Alex87 Member

I'll let you know how it goes.

Passed CT1,CT2,CT3,CT4 last year and doing CT5 and CT6in April. Would be a bonus to get CT8.

Think the poor syllabus' from my uni days won't help me though. We shall see