Exemptions-certified copies

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by gradesina, Apr 6, 2008.

1. gradesina

gradesina Member

Hi
    I would like to apply for an exemption from CT3 as I have an MSc in Statistics. It says on the website that documents have to be certified by "by either a Fellow or Associate who is employed by your company, and who is a member of either the Faculty, Institute or an IAA recognised actuarial association". The problem is, that I am not (yet) employed by an actuarial company as this is a career change for me, and hence I don't know any Fellow or Associate. Is this the only way of getting certified copies? Or should I wait with applying for the exemption until I find work in an actuarial company?
    Any ideas?

Cheers,
    G.

2. just from the cost side I'd wait till you have a job....

are you already a student member?

3. gradesina

gradesina Member

Good point! Thanks!
    No, I am not a student member yet but about to become one.

4. Agreed- the exemptions are quite costly to get. Also, there's plenty other courses to have a go at while you're waiting to hear on the exemption.

For info, I also have a MSc in Statistics and I was able to obtain an exemption from 101 (the precursor to CT3). So you should have a good chance. My previous employer was willing to pay for this- they normally are becuase they save on exam fees and study material etc.

Irn Bru