Exemption Eligibility

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Apple, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Apple

Apple Member

I have sat and failed CT8 but has since realised that I could have a chance of getting an exemption in this based on some Uni courses. Does anyone know if this is possible given that I graduated in 2002 and have already failed CT8? The institute website doesn't have the answer and when I email the exemption team they send the email back saying they can't answer speculative questions to individuals and refer me to the website. It's infuruating as how do I know whether to bother applying!

Thanks!

2. veeko

veeko Member

I would get in touch with your department at Uni and get them to ask the Institute ie. get the head of your department to find out from the exemptions officer at the IoA if anyone would be eligible for CT8 exemption based on the course that you did at uni.

3. Why not just apply and see? What do you have to loose?

4. JayKay2

JayKay2 Member

Since you have formally sat the CT8 exam and failed, I don't think the institute will grant an exemption. In the student hand book there is a bit which talks about presenting yourself for an exam and then subsequently applying for an exemption.

5. Apple

Apple Member

hmmm interesting

The exemption admin staff eventually said that I could apply even though I'd already sat it, but added "I don't know why you would want to, unless you'd failed it" - genius!...., but in the past I have been told incorrect info by the institute. I actually have in writing that my morning pass in CA1 a year ago would count and I would only have to resit the afternoon.....what a balls up! Obviously I had to resit the entire day again.

6. happychap

happychap Member

Don't they have a 4 years rule on exemptions? At least that's what they told me when I started in 1999. I tried (and failed) to get exemptions from the equivalent to 101 using a course I sat in 1994 and they said no, no no!:(