Exams passed

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by rsmallela, Aug 3, 2009.

1. rsmallela

rsmallela Member

I passed CT3 and CT5 in May 2009 India exams.

Wanted to say thanks to this forum...it helped me finding new friends, got clarifications on my questions, learnt several things through discussed questions and responses.

Thanks to ActEd tutors for pitching in when there is delay in responses from other students.

Thanks,
    Raj

2. bystander

bystander Member

keep 'em coming. It clearly did the trick for you.

Best of luck with Sep.

3. skolapper

skolapper Member

I am curious, do you guys know what is the highest number of exams been passed by an exam taker in one sitting?
    anyone here ever passed say 4 exams in one sitting?
    although i think its impossible to pass 4 essay exams in one sitting because of the schedule.

4. capitalH

capitalH Member

I remember I once tried to do a analysis on the exam progress, and found one person who passed 8 exams in a single calender year (I did the analysis on a yearly basis to allow for CT9 etc.) Never finished the analysis though (wanted to look at how many people stop with their exams etc.)

5. Lewin

Lewin Member

I have a friend who tried 6 exams and passed only one!
    I also know a guy who passed 5 in one sitting!
    Most of my friends easily pass 3 exams if not working,i've passed 3 myself in one sitting,before i started working,now i'm having trouble navigating through even one.
    Maybe il be able to adjust myself and get my ducks in a row

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2010
  6. zhin2000

zhin2000 Member

I think the exemptions preclude any kind of really interesting analysis. Wish they'd get rid of them, call back the DATs, CFIs, Associateships etc. wholly or partly obtained this way. Or not. It's all good.

About remarkable single sitting results, you just whip out some python code, run it and get the text file attached.

Around 12,000 unique students have passed an actuarial exam since April 2005 up to September 2010 CTs, and only the 160 individuals in the attachment have either passed 4+ any subjects or 3+ upper level exams in one sitting.

One guy passed 6 in one go, a few others got 5.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
  7. MindFull

MindFull Ton up Member

Awesome.

8. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

Also consider that it's impossible to know how many exams those people passing 4,5,6 exams have failed and how long they had prepared for them. I could probably pass 5 exams as well if one was a resit and the others were CT3,2,7 and 1. CT1,2,3 and 7 are dead easy low level university equivalents. I think if anyone can pass 3 of the harder subjects (CT4,5,6 or 8) starting from scratch in one study session with no prior experience then that is a phenomenal effort. 2 hard subjects would be excellent, one would be average.

9. capitalH

capitalH Member

Seeing that there is numerous examples (in fact most) passing 3/4 exams in consecutive sittings, I think most of the names on the list diod not have many failures.

True, but still doing the full set of CT exams in 2 sittings is admirable

I have found one name that did your list (CT4,5,6 and 8) can CT7 in one session. I have no idea if there were any resits (previous session - 2 passes).

What is also unknown is the amount of study leave/full time study. I know people (ok, 1) who did the exams full time (for 1 year only though).

Also what is interesting is that after passing 8 CTs in 2 sessions, numerous of the names on the list has gaps (i.e. either skipping sessions or failing) and some even stop completely.

10. tiger

tiger Member

I think passing 4 or 5 exams in one sitting is a huge achievement what ever the circumstances. I think it would only be possible with some combination of the following:
    - extremely clever (aren't we all?)
    - huge amount of study/no social life
    - alot of exam support, or perhaps not in full-time employment
    - covered some of the material in college/other courses (but not eligible for exemptions).
    - and a small bit of luck always helps!
    - ????

11. Edwin

Edwin Member

Kudos rsmallela, half the people I know aren't capable of say thank you.

12. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hear! Hear!