Exams in Hammersmith

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by RachelH, Mar 22, 2008.

1. RachelH

RachelH Member

Just wondering if anyone knows why many London exams are all the way over in Hammersmith Town Hall....you'd think that most actuaries in London would be based centrally or east in the City. I guess there will always be some winners & some loosers with the location but Hammersmith just seems so out of the way! Surely there must be somewhere more central the profession could hire?

It looks like a bit of a trek from the tube station too - does anyone know if are there 2 tube stations, one on the H&C line & one on the Picadilly/District line, and which is best to go to? I can't seem to find anything about directions on the profession's website.

Thanks all

2. Leila

Leila Member

Ravenscourt Park

Hi Rachel,
    I live in West London so am delighted that I don't have to trek all the way over to the Barbican this time!! I think they alternate it every so often, so that West and East Londoners get a fair deal.
    The nearest tube station to the exam centre is Ravenscourt Park - it's not that far from the exam hall at all.
    Come out of the tube, turn left and when you hit the main road turn left - the town hall is a bit further down on your right.
    I think there might be directions on the Town Hall website.
    Good luck
    Leila

3. asdf123

asdf123 Member

I'm glad it's at Hammersmith this time too! It's walking distance for me ;)

Last time although I allowed plenty of time to travel, I was almost late for my exam at Barbican due to stupid tube delays!