Exam route - SPs (STs) & SA before CP1 (CA1)?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by KMER94, Dec 2, 2018.

1. KMER94

KMER94 Member

This is all way ahead of myself and usually results just guide my next sitting but I was looking at the suggested study hours and considering my exam route so that I can try to even it out in terms of doing more in long and less in short sittings..

Basically at the minute it looks like in order to do the SPs before the SA (which definitely seems like a good idea), I'll have to leave CP1 as my last exam..

I've not attempted any STs before and on the Institute's website it suggests SPs assume prior knowledge from CP1 and I wondered how important that is?

I'm guessing some workplace knowledge will be useful for the SPs so it might not be too much of a big deal?

(by the way, I'm not sure which SPs I'll sit yet as I'm about to start a new job in a different sector!)

2. KhoaDNguyen

KhoaDNguyen Keen member

This is the route I took: CTs>STs>CAs and it is fine. In my experience STs assume more knowledge from your workplace than from CA1

3. Infinity

Infinity Member

The ifoa cant decide whether there should be an order to taking exams. They’ve changed their mind several times over in the last few months. They are proposing this chartered actuary qualification which means that the fellowship will be worthless soon and no point in even doing the STs. Although they could completely change their mind again