Exam Related

Discussion in 'CA2' started by dushyant kochar, Aug 20, 2017.

1. I have two questions, please help:(
    1) In the online exam , are we allowed to copy and paste stuffs from the question paper to our audit trail?
    2) What are the underlying concepts relating to the use of formulae in your modelling exercise ? I know we are not suppose to use hard code values , but is that it. The formulae i am using is different from what is done in the solution sheets of past exams, is it ok? I am not using hard code values.

Thank you for your time :)

2. ntickner

ntickner Very Active Member

1. No, not really. You can get away with little bits - formulas, and that sort of thing. Pasting swathes of text will be picked up by the examiners and viewed in a very negative light. If you do copy, make sure you edit it vigorously to make it yours.

2. If I understand your question, you're on the right track. a) Don't use hardcoded inputs - parameterise. b) keep it simple, breaking up formulas into smaller steps where necessary.
    Don't worry if you use different formulas than the solution - there are many ways to skin a cat. INDEX/MATCH instead of VLOOKUP, for example, is common. Even different methodology, giving different answers, can be perfectly fine provided you're clear about what assumptions you're making (and these don't contradict the information you've been given).