Exam Entry

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by uwadaf, Mar 21, 2009.

1. uwadaf

uwadaf Member

hi guys (and girls) just a quick question.

i know the closing date for exam entry is monday - but if i do it online is it by 5pm or before monday?

cheers

(and yes i do realise i've left it late!)

2. CA2 student

CA2 student Member

The closing date is 5pm on Monday.

3. irreme

irreme Member

Would not pursuing a job as an actuary as soon as you pass your first exam hurt your chances?

Specifically, if I pass my 1st exam but take 1 year off to do something else, will that exam still count for something when I return to look for an entry-level job?

4. bystander

bystander Member

There are a few things to consider:
    What is this 'other thing' you want? Is it experience outside your current role?
    If so think about what you will learn in this period that you can draw on in returning to your studies/actuarial career

Can you get this other thing with who currently employs you? This may make things easier if theirs continuity.

Looking at it from a professional viewpoint, check out what fees are involved.
    I think if you resign from the profession (even by default of not paying subs), there are penalties on rejoining. I think its something like an admin fee plus missed subs but you'd need to check this out very carefully. To avoid this, could you do the other thing for say just 6-9 months?

The exams are a long haul so if you are having doubts now, maybe you have chosen the wrong thing. That doesn't matter. Its horses for courses and you can only do whats right for YOU.

Best wishes