Exam Booking Closed

Discussion in 'CA2' started by JoeKing, Aug 19, 2018.

1. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Hey all can you confirm the exam booking is closed for this session? I thought it was open until Monday 20th August so I guess it's overbooked :(

2. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Can someone please confirm that this is the case please? Much obliged in advance!!

3. Rambler

Rambler Member

4. JoeKing

JoeKing Member

Thanks for reply. I believe it was closed before 20th August:(

5. Infinity

Infinity Member

This has happened to me. I complained to the FRC and the booking was reopened again. The IFoA also change exam dates at the last minute and lie to students about not increasing exam requirements. I would complain to the FRC who are under Investigation for various things, but hey they’re the oversight body of the IFoA

6. almost_there

almost_there Member

Looks like no lessons are being learnt. Similar problems last year with CP3. Very poor management from a highly remunerated CEO.

7. Jamie Brown

Jamie Brown Member

I expect they just became fully booked. Quote from the bookings page of the IFoA website:
    Each exam centre, and also the online CA2 and CP3 exams, has a set capacity and can get fully booked before the closing date. Therefore, we suggest you book early to ensure you get the exam place you are hoping for

So agree it's frustrating, and disappointing that they have to limit numbers for an online exam, but probably not worth complaining to the FRC.
    However, if they can't cope and accommodate the bookings, perhaps they should limit the numbers of students joining the profession each year. That would smack of elitism so may be better to spend less money marketing the IFoA to all corners of the earth.
    Wouldn't they be better to help other countries develop their own profession than try to convince overseas students to join the UK-based profession. How about a letter to the Actuary?

8. Infinity

Infinity Member

There is no point in complaining. Your complaints will be dismissed. The actuary magazine is just a propaganda periodical run by the IFoA. I wrote to them about the lies the IFoA has published and they do not respond. If you have anything negative to say about the IFoA your posts are deleted on this forum and your complaint is swept under the carpet by the IFoA.

The rule quoted by Jamie brown was probably added after I or another student complaint about exam entry being closed before the booking date. CA3 was entry was closed without warning and the exam changed to CP3. I didn’t even get the chance to take it before the new system was introduced and study hours being increased from 60 to 100

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2018