Education Notice Board - Errors picked up at Exam Counselling

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Sauny Bean, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Sauny Bean

Sauny Bean Member

Has anyone else noticed on this month's Education Noticeboard (bottom of page 6, top of Page 7), after giving the numbers of successful exam appeals (virtually none) that it suggests Exam Counselling might be a better alternative, "enabling you to review your exam performance and examination technique" and [significantly], "you can be sure that if an error has occurred it would be picked up at this time".

This is not what I've heard / read before, ie it's tough luck at this stage.

Is this a new policy?

I'm sure everyone of those people who appealed would have preferred to have exam counselling plus effectively a free extra mark check if they knew this was the case.

2. Muppet

Muppet Member

roughly the same price too.

3. jeaneu

jeaneu Member

I can't remember where I read/heard this (and i can't seem to find any official blurb on it) but I was under the impression that if you applied for exam counselling and the examiner/staff actuary who reviews your paper thinks that you should have passed then they would contact you immediately regarding this and you would get a refund of the counselling fee plus a correction to your grade....

4. Sauny Bean

Sauny Bean Member

If it has always been true, then that's comforting.