Diploma in Actuarial Techniques

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by capitalH, Jul 13, 2009.

1. capitalH

capitalH Member

As far as I understand the Diploma will be mailed automatically once you qualify for it.

To those who already received theirs: how long after qualifying for it did you receive it?

I assume it does not arrive with your results (since mine was not contained in the results)?

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Member

Mine took a few months.

3. bystander

bystander Member

It does take a while but it will turn up. Don't know anybodys that didn't.

If you are worried they may have overlooked you there are a couple of places you can check whether the profession think you're entitled...
    1. On the pass list where you got your last exam in the qualification where name should also have appeared on the list of DAT completers.
    2. Check your exam pass record in your members listing...note it takes a while for this to get updated.

If you haven't got anything by say October then worth checking.

4. capitalH

capitalH Member

1. Check. My name is there
    2. Will do, not updated yet (assume it is waiting for all the results to be finalised)

Thanks for the responses, always assumed it would be included in your results letter...

5. Pilate

Pilate Member

I never actually received mine, a little mysteriously: possibly something to do with doing CT9 last, and it not being a sat exam? Having now got the Associateship, I'm not too bothered, but I would suggest if you don't have it after a while it may be worth checking with the Profession if you want it, since obviously the occasional case does slip through...

6. didster

didster Member

I never got one either (nor any of the other certificates) and thought it had to do with having exemptions for some rather than actually sitting all of the profession's exams.

While I'm not too bothered, it may be useful for someone else if you can confirm whether exemptions don't qualify you for these certificates.

7. capitalH

capitalH Member

I have some exemptions as well, will post here if I get it without having to ask.

I actually need mine for my study aid my company provide - non-actuarial employer... "Enrolled" in DAT, so now I need to show that it is complete.

8. LangeSohne

LangeSohne Member

I had to chase the Institue up...

....to send me the Certificates.
    To be honest, I had totally forgot about them, but I was having a conversation with my colleague who just happened to have his certs lying on his desk. He had done the exams at the same time as I did, and received his about 4 months earlier. I emailed the Institute and they sent it to me after their latest run of Cert printing. However, I have another colleague who has yet to receive anything, although he did the exams at the same time as well - I advised him to chase it up.

9. bystander

bystander Member

If you need evidence prompto, I suggest you take the pass list to your employer.

Yes if you do CT9 last I can see the Institute have a problem picking up the fact you have become eligible as I bet they expect this to be done earlier assuming you don't have a vast number of exemptions.

10. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

do u get a diploma i actuarial techniques for doing CT1-9???

11. capitalH

capitalH Member