Diagrams in the exam.

Discussion in 'CT7' started by verma.kunal13, Nov 20, 2012.

1. verma.kunal13

verma.kunal13 Member

Hi,

Kindly assist me with this!

We get inter-leave sheets in the exam. Are we supposed the draw the diagrams on the lined sheets or on the inter-leave sheet? Shall we ask for the graph papers? Please tell me so that there may not be any reduction in marks. We have exam here just 2 days after.

Thank you!

2. Calum

Calum Member

IN THE UK, the loose sheets are for rough working/notes only and are not marked at all. I can't remember if you can ask for graph paper but I don't really see the point.

If you are sitting Indian exams, you need to check with someone more local than me!

3. bapan

bapan Ton up Member

Not sure what you mean by inter-leave sheets !

You are supposed to do all your work on lined part of the booklet. This includes graphs.

If the examiner wants you to draw on graph paper, the question paper will state that and you will be provided the same by the invigilator.

4. verma.kunal13

verma.kunal13 Member

Thanks but one more doubt.

Thanks Dear Calum,

I will confirm it from the institute tomorrow. I have one more question. As it has always been a confusion for everyone about the minimum passing marks criteria. I am confused too. I have even read somewhere on the form that we should assume at least 65% and they assess us overall too. Actually, this time CT3 exams was very lengthy consisting only 10 questions with sub-parts. I knew most of the questions and tried to attempt as much as I could in the 3 hours time-period. No, I am really scared of the result and the thought just gives me the jitters. I know your words can do some wonders or boost me up! Be my Doctor this time!

Thank you!

Warm regards,
    Kunal Verma

5. verma.kunal13

verma.kunal13 Member

Thanks

Thanks Dear Bapan,

Inter-leave sheets are sheets with lines on one side (say head of the coin) and a plain blank paper on the other side (say tail of the coin and I assume a fair coin only :) )

In CT3, we were supposed to do all the rough work on the plain sheets. So, that is why I asked.

Kindly let me know about my passing the exam query to if you have any vague idea.

Thank you!

Good day!

Regards,
    Kunal Verma

6. Calum

Calum Member

Pass marks are not published, but they do vary. The accepted rule of thumb seems to be that you should aim for at least 65%, but how reliable that is, I don't know. The only people who do are not allowed to say!