Current formula sheet provided with ST9 exam?

Discussion in 'SP9' started by SpeakLife!, Jan 23, 2013.

1. SpeakLife!

SpeakLife! Member

Hi everybody. I'm trying to find the most current formula sheet that will be provided with this exam, and here is the latest one I can find (however, it's dated "2010"):

http://www.actuaries.org.uk/researc...-st9-enterprise-risk-management-formula-sheet

This formula sheet makes reference to modified Bessel functions, which isn't referenced at all in our syllabus (unless I've missed it). This further makes me suspect that this is not the most current version of the table we would receive with this exam in April.

Does anyone here know for certain what formula sheet we will receive with this exam in April? If you could please point me (and us) to said formula sheet, I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks!

2. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi. There is no longer a formula sheet in the ST9 exam. You only get the same Formulae and Tables book as other exams.

Instead the Profession have published guidance on how formulae might be examined:

It should be noted that the focus of the examination will be on testing candidates’ understanding of the material and their ability to apply the techniques described in the Core Reading in practical situations and scenarios.

Formulae for any required probability distributions (including means and variances, generator functions and expressions of copulas), if not already given in the Formulae & Tables book, will be provided in the question.

Other formulae that form part of a definition are examinable and should be known. The remainder of formulae contained in the required reading are examinable but will be provided in the question if they are needed.

3. SpeakLife!

SpeakLife! Member

Thanks, Simon. That helps.

4. morrisja

morrisja Member

Hi,

Just wondering have the 2010 past papers been altered so that any required formulae are now given in the question? I haven't seen the formula sheet at all and the link below is broken.

Does someone have a copy of the sheet that was attached to the papers originally? I'd be interested to see what was on the list (as presumably any formulae of the same category would not need to be memorised for this session).

Thanks in advance.