CT8 Study Plan

Discussion in 'CT8' started by tatos, Oct 10, 2011.

1. tatos

tatos Member

So I want to pass this CT8 course the first time round. I'm in no mood for repeats.

Is the following study plan failproof? Is it unnecessary? How can I improve it?

I'll start reading from next week Monday and I'll be done by the end of December. I'll passively go through the question and answer bank to familiarise myself with the way questions can be answered. I'll then do every past paper or question available on the actuaries.co.uk site under strict exam conditions. I'll then do as many of the Indian exams as time will allow, and in the same way.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
  2. Edwin

Edwin Member

Good luck, let's do it!

3. bystander

bystander Member

Firstly, nothing is failproof. And a successful strategy for one doesn't work for all.

But getting through the course quickly is a good idea. However, don't be passive even at this stage. Do attempt some questions and write answers down. Its too easy to just read qns and answers and think you know it.

You definitely need to slow down on parts of the course you find hard.

I recommend getting some feedback along the way....even if its just a marked mock.

But starting early and keeping momentum is a great start.

4. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

I'd like to add just one point. The structure from part II of CT8 is like that movie Pulp Fiction. There's a good chance of getting lost half way into the study. You will be better off trying to understand the chapters from Brownian motion till the 3rd from last chapter as a whole, rather than individually.

5. tatos

tatos Member

Haha! Loved that movie though. Good omen perhaps. Any advice for part II and the last 2 chapters then?

Yeah, you're probably right. It's just that I find that my momentum's greater earlier if I start off passively.

Likewise. Let's give it everything we've got!

Question to all: What's the CT8 audio revision you can purchase from ActEd like? Any good? And does anyone find those A5 spriral bound revision books useful? I've always felt like there'd never be enough time to make good use of them. With an 8 to 5 job all you want to do after you've bombed through the notes is to start answering question after question. Opinions?