CT8 FLASHCARDS RELEVANCE

Discussion in 'CM2' started by Arfan Rahman, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Arfan Rahman

Arfan Rahman Member

I have found flashcards to be incredibly useful when revising but this year it seems for CM2 the flashcards will not be available.

Will the CT8 Flashcards suffice or has the syllabus changed significantly that it will be better that i make my own?

Thanks in advance!

2. N_Exam

N_Exam Very Active Member

Dear ActEd, I would also like to ask this question.

Will the CT8 Flashcards suffice or has the syllabus changed significantly that it will be better that i make my own?

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

As well as tweaks here and there, there are quite a few chapters in CM2 that weren't in CT8 although most of these come from other CT subjects (CT1 and CT6). So you could probably start with the CT8 cards and supplement with some of your own.

We haven't completely ruled our releasing them yet. Current plans suggest we might not have time but they are next on the list if other things don't take as long as expected. We should know by the end of November.

4. Arfan Rahman

Arfan Rahman Member

reply by the acted tutor,

Hi

Thanks for your email.

A large number of the CT8 flash cards are still relevant, but the CM2 course has significant additions and changes in notation which could cause confusion. Noticeably, arbitrage pricing theory has been removed, behavioural finance has been re-written, so too have the chapters which rely on stochastic calculus. So that’s quite a change!

It’s recommended that you purchase the CM2 flash cards when they become available.

Hope that helps.

Regards

STEVE HALES

ACTUARIAL TUTOR

5. N_Exam

N_Exam Very Active Member

Thank you for the info Arfan Rahman :) looks like we'll have to wait.

6. tess

tess Member

Dear Acted

Could you please kindly elaborate on the specific differences between CT8 and CM2? It will assist greatly when it comes to doing the CT8 past papers.

Thank you

7. Net Premium

Net Premium Member

suggest you look at the CM2 Study Guide on their website.

8. tess

tess Member

Thanks, I did. It doesn't specify the differences between CT8 and CM2 but I expect that will become clearer as I go through past papers closer to the time

9. Steve Hales

Steve Hales ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Good news: the CM2 flashcards will be available to purchase by the end of January 2019.

Thanks for your patience.

Steve

Arfan Rahman likes this.