CT7 April-06

Discussion in 'CT7' started by hi5, Mar 31, 2006.

1. hi5

hi5 Member

So what do you guys think about the the paper.

IMHO:

The paper was a good discriminator between good and not-good candidates uptill the last question.

The last question (20 marks) was too concentrated.

20 Marks for the MDS/SAS/LAS----------->Toooooo many marks concentrated in a small area.

I hope the examiners consider this factor when setting the pass mark for the paper.

Apart from the last question, the rest of the questions were designed well from an exam point of view, with stuff for everyone.

2. madge

madge Member

I thought it was a nice paper up until the last question in which I made a mess of the second section which was worth 15 marks. So am kicking myself right now.

3. M1ke

M1ke Member

Hi guys,

I think the paper was generally ok. The first few multiple choice had me thinking though! I think the fact that AD/AS came up as a 20 mark question would have thrown a lot of people particularly as it has not come up before.

Would be interested to hear others views on the standard of the paper and also what marks you think you got (surely everyone calculates this after the exam or is it just me being sad??)

4. wossname

wossname Member

Easy Peasy

I whizzed through the multiple choice and short questions in about an hour and a half (except a couple I left to come back to).

An hour and a half for 20 marks? More than enough time surely? Not if you're going to answer the question 3 times. Anybody got any clues what does happen to the economy after a technological innovation? I'm guessing lower price level and a slightly higher output (crowded out by reduction in wages/consumption). 15 points in the bag surely? Worry worry.

Does anyone know if the pass mark differs in this exam to the others (60-65 if rumours are believed)? It seemed too easy.

5. hi5

hi5 Member

Time was enough, no doubt......
    The examiner should be appreciated for this.

but the last question was just a very concentrated question, by focusing on a very small area of the syllabus.

This type of questions encourage selective studying and thus should be discouraged.

6. wossname

wossname Member

Selective studying

I think focusing the last question on one small area is a good way of testing how comprehensive your knowledge is. If you only study a few areas there's a good chance you won't be able to answer the last question at all.

If you have sound understanding of the principles behind the question you should be able to answer it, whether you've come accross that particular scenario or not.

Since I came out of the exam, I've been thinking about that last question, and kicking myself VERY hard. 15 marks gone begging. With a bit of luck I didn't make too many other mistakes and have done enough to get the pass.

7. Olfin Bedwere

Olfin Bedwere Member

I didn't think the exam was too bad until the final 20 mark question but then I suppose if everyone thought that it mightn't work out too badly (in terms of mark-scaling etc)

I tend to analyse things way too much as well...so I have a fairly decent breakdown of how I'd have probably done on each section.
    Multi-choice: I'm thinking I got between 18-22 right, so what's that? 27%-33%
    Short-answer: I'm gonna go for high 20's or low 30's, giving 55%-64%
    Long-answer: Blagged it basically. Still with 3-4 pages of blag, I've probably picked up about 8% I reckon (should have got most of part i) if nothing else)

I reckon I'm probably at around 63-72%.

Just wish I pass now.. :/

8. veeko

veeko Member

The last question asked the POSSIBLE effects of a technology breakthrough. From that, it seems like you can give any well reasoned sensible answer as long as you back up your reasoning. But, will it really be the case? Methinks that the pass rate could go down because of a question like that.

9. Nadeem_Ladha

Nadeem_Ladha Member

Ct7

Hi all

Agree with the consensus. The paper was pretty good until the 20 marker at the end. could have never expected a 20 marke question on this... but there you go. It looks like most people were in same position.

Good luck for June...personally, gonna put it out of my head till then.... but... this was my first exam sitting... its kinda weird starting another 2 modules in a few weeks time, with the possibility of having to retake the ones we just sat now. Obviously, it would be best to resit ASAP in Sept whilst relatively fresh, but that doesnt seem possible... earliest opportunity is next April!