Ct7-04 - am I being pedantic?

Discussion in 'CT7' started by MissAussie, Jan 9, 2008.

1. MissAussie

MissAussie Member

I'm doing Ct7-04 (Consumer choice) and I'm finding that the questions aren't worded very well.

eg. Q4.2 "Explain why indifference curves cannot cross."

Having read the solution to this question, shouldn't the question be clarified as follows:

Q4.2 "Explain why indifference curves cannot cross for the same consumer and the same 2 goods?"

or am i just being pedantic?

2. Amarantha

Amarantha Member

Not at all, I agree that the questions are worded poorly. It is also poor that when they show more than one indifference curve in the same graph, they have exactly the same shape... I can't see why they should necessarily have the same shape!

However, I find it even more frustrating that things aren't introduced properly. In chapter 5, the concept of certainty equivalents is suddenly talked about, but there isn't really a proper description of what they are! Oh, and in chapter 1, there was no mention of what QS and QD and P were at all!

I'm finding it frustrating that concepts and variables aren't introduced properly!

3. you're being pedantic

the question & course notes are clear, first of all if the dimension were higher you would get a utility surface or a utility hyper surface but the question explicitly said curve, even so there would not be any intersections to the hyper surfaces, so i don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008