CT6 Run-off Triangles

Discussion in 'CT6' started by r_narshi, Feb 25, 2008.

1. r_narshi

r_narshi Member

Hi

In the core reading i was going through the Bornhuetter-Ferguson method from pages 35-37 when i noticed something odd. The figures in the table on page 37 are in reverse order of accident year (6 5 ...1 0) where as the development factors (f) are in the same order as those on page 35 (ie accident years 0 1 ...5 6)

Does anyone have any idea of whats going on please? I spent ages trying to figure out whether this is right or not and have not got any closer!!:confused:

Cheers
    Ritz

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

The writers of the Core Reading decided to reverse the table for some reason. Hence our comment "Note that the accident years are in reverse order in the following table."

There is no deep and meaningful reason why - so please don't worry about it.

Personally I would not have done it like this - but our agreement with the Profession is that we must include the full Core Reading and write around it. So we have to leave it as it is. However we did include our comment to help students not get caught out by the unexpected change.

Hope this helps.

3. r_narshi

r_narshi Member

Cheers John - i figured as much even though the comment is there. I thought i'd better check anyhow.

(Good quote)

4. lou1974

lou1974 Member

CT exam takers

I'm trying to have a weekly exam discussion friends, if you are interested PM me,am for CT6 this April 2008,thank you.